Medica health program
“We support every moment of your life”
GHS starts in March. Why should I continue with medica? Won’t I be fully covered?
- Unfortunately, you are not fully covered. As you probably know, our GHS contributions will start on March 1, 2019. However, no coverage will be offered before June 1, 2019, while after this date coverage will be limited to primary care. By primary or outpatient care, we mean medical visits, diagnostic tests, physiotherapy, medications and generally any medical practice that does not require hospitalization. GHS hospital coverage will start in June 2020. However, no one yet knows what the available choices will be: which doctors and which hospitals will join the GHS network.
Why should I keep medica?
- With Medica you already have full medical and hospital coverage. GHS hospital coverage will start in June 2020. Although GHS contributions will start on March 1, no coverage will be offered until June 1, at which time coverage will be limited to primary care.
- medica covers you everywhere. In Cyprus and abroad –even in the United States and Canada – for up to 2 million euros, so you and your family can feel safe. In addition, the program offers medical advice on a 24-hour basis, the Second Medical Opinion service, and also Travel Medical Assistance Abroad in the event of a sudden illness or an accident while abroad.
- medica lets you choose your preferred personal and specialist doctors and hospitals all over Cyprus. No one yet knows exactly which and how many doctors and hospitals will choose to join the GHS. Medica ensures that you and your family receive safe, qualitative care by doctors and hospitals of your choice.
- medica offers you quality, speed and comfort when every minute counts! You save time during the hospitalization process without any waiting lists.
- Find out more about the medica health insurance program at www.eurolife.com.cy/idiotes/ugeia/medica.
Can I reinstate my insurance policy if I decide to temporarily suspend it?
If you suspend your policy, even on a temporary basis, you could lose all the privileges you have been enjoying so far, with the most important being your insurability and coverage of preexisting conditions.
For example, if you decide to reinstate your policy, you will be subject to a new evaluation process underwriting. If you had any health problems in the past or have incurred health problems during the period the policy was suspended, these will be considered as pre-existing conditions and will no longer be covered.
What options do I have to maintain my insurance coverage without making additional payments due to the GHS?
- First, no coverage will be offered by the June 1, 2019, while after this date coverage will be limited to primary care (medical visits, diagnostic tests, physiotherapy, medications and generally any medical practice that does not require hospitalization for more than 24 hours).
- GHS hospital coverage will start in June 2020. However, no one yet knows what the available choices will be: which doctors and which hospitals will join the GHS network.
In any event, please do visit us so we can talk and provide solutions based on your own personal needs. Our goal is to offer qualitative healthcare and the choices you need, and not to burden you with unnecessary insurance contributions.